Dr. Sher refers to Linda as “Mother Teresa” and that describes her essence perfectly. She is a core member of the Sher Fertility Institute Medical Team and in many ways she is the true “heart” of the practice.
Working alongside Dr. Sher for more than 12 years as his right hand, Linda is the consummate “nurse” in that she is compassionate and warm. She cares about her patients and it shows.
Yet her personal characteristics are only part of what makes her a true Healthcare Hero. She is also extremely knowledgeable in the ever-evolving, highly technical practice of reproductive medicine; a dynamic field that marries breakthrough science and heightened human emotion. These are patients who come to her with frayed emotions as they make the journey from the heartache of infertility to the joy of family.
Linda has a unique understanding of these patients – she once was one. Linda was a pre med student at University of Nevada Reno when she herself struggled with infertility. She had to undergo In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) which is when she decided to switch her major from pre med to nursing. She calls this one of the best decisions she has ever made and her patients couldn’t agree more.
After spending two years in oncology nursing and starting her own family, Linda joined Sher Fertility Institute in 1999 and quickly moved up in the organization to become Dr. Sher’s chief nurse and the executive clinical manager of the Sher Fertility Institutes around the country. Linda is not only solely responsible for coordinating Dr. Sher’s full local, national and international patient load, but she sets the clinical standards for the Las Vegas Medical Office and all of the Sher offices throughout the country.
Linda’s greatest attribute is her ability to relate and empathize with patients. Going through IVF is a physically and emotionally difficult experience for patients, husbands and families. Patients spend a lot of time with Linda via email, on the phone and in person. She helps patients with all facets of their treatment – medical and clinical aspects as well as the psychological hurdles they often endure. Linda is there with a listening ear and well-thought out advice.
It is her patients who describe Linda best and make the case for her as a Healthcare Hero. Here are just a few quotes we wanted to share:
- Linda has been an incredible partner in our journey to fertility. She is the clearest communicator and most compassionate ally that we could have ever hoped for. Linda always takes the time to make sure we understand every step in the process, which has not only made the process enjoyable but her comprehensive explanations have provided us with an education that we have been able to share with our family and friends. Linda’s warmth, humor, intelligence and candor has been as much a part of our journey as our hopes and dreams to grow our family.
- I adore Linda! She is fabulous! She is always great about calming my anxiety, answering questions quickly, and making me smile even when she’s giving frustrating news.
- I LOVE LOVE LOVE Linda. She is great with understanding everything and she “gets it”. I love how she can work with any personality. She always made me feel special and cared for. I always appreciated her confidence in me and her humor. Her experience and knowledge are PRICELESS! She is a gem and they are SO blessed to have her
- Linda in particular was amazing! She was always available to answer any question no matter how small. She spent countless hours answering my questions and really going above and beyond to make sure she gave me all the information I needed. I know how busy she is but Linda never made me feel like just another patient. She really made the process so much easier for me and I can’t begin to thank her enough. I could go on and on about how wonderful she is…. For fertility patients the relationship they have with there nurse is critical. After working with many nurses and fertility centers throughout the past 5 years, Linda has by far been the absolute best!
- Linda- phenomenal attention to detail with simultaneous genuine compassion for patients! Trust her with my life!