The SIRM “Giving Back” Initiative
SIRM physicians have long been proponents of making treatment accessible to all those who need medical assistance to start a family. Over the years, they have assisted hundreds of couples through donated or discounted treatment, medications, consultations, screenings, educational events and participation in programs that provide free or low-cost IVF treatment and egg freezing. Some examples of past, current and future initiatives are listed below:
- Donated 5 IVF cycles through the “I Believe” Video Journal Project in June and December 2012
- Donated 3 free IVF cycles through Sher Institute Facebook page in Dec. 2011
- Donated 8 IVF cycles at Las Vegas seminars in 2010-2012
- Donated free IVF treatment to a disabled veteran in 2012
- Donated 14 IVF cycles at Dallas educational seminars in 2010-2013
- Donated 6 IVF cycles at St. Louis educational seminars in 2011-2013
- Donated IVF cycles to 4 attendees at educational seminars in New Jersey in 2010
- Donated an IVF cycle at a Peoria educational seminar in 2010
- Introduced “Fertility Rescue“ program offering free egg freezing for cancer patients of reproductive age. To date, Sher Institutes have provided free egg freezing services to approximately 12 patients, with more currently in process.
- Provide ongoing donated IVF cycles through the “From INCIID the Heart” IVF Scholarship Program, administered by the International Council for Infertility Information Dissemination (INCIID.org). To date, SIRM doctors have provided 30+ free IVF cycles through this program.
- Offer periodic free fertility screenings.
- Offering discounted IVF treatment to school teachers, military families and limited-income couples.
- Participated with a Las Vegas non-profit in an upcoming collection of clothing and supplies for babies born in disadvantaged circumstances (Baby’s Bounty)