Sher Institute “Giving Back”: Helping Those In Need
SIRM physicians have long been proponents of making treatment accessible to all those who need medical assistance to start a family. Over the years, they have assisted hundreds of couples through donated or discounted treatment, medications, consultations, screenings, educational events and participation in programs that provide free or low-cost IVF treatment and egg freezing. Some examples of past, current and future initiatives are listed below:
- Donated 15 IVF cycles through the “I Believe” Journal Project over the past three years.
- Donated more than 50 free IVF cycles at various educational seminars since 2010.
- Introduced “Fertility Rescue“ program offering free egg freezing for cancer patients of reproductive age. To date, Sher Institutes have provided free egg freezing services to approximately 12 patients, with more currently in process.
- Provide ongoing donated IVF cycles through the “From INCIID the Heart” IVF Scholarship Program, administered by the International Council for Infertility Information Dissemination (INCIID.org). To date, SIRM doctors have provided 30+ free IVF cycles through this program.
- Offer periodic free fertility screenings and free fertility consultations.
- Offer discounted IVF treatment to school teachers, military families and limited-income couples.
- Participated with a Las Vegas non-profit in collection of clothing and supplies for babies born in disadvantaged circumstances (Baby’s Bounty)